When it comes to making plans abroad, it’s a good idea to book international flights early. Speak with your travel agent about the details of your trip and what your priorities are in terms of cost and comfort. You’ll want to compare airline prices and look at special deals and packages. Keep in mind that some of the budget airlines will charge extra for luggage and meals. Using a rewards credit card is a great way to book international flights and save money in the process.
Tips for International Flights
Flying international can be exciting for some people, while for others who fly often the fun has worn off a bit. We gathered some of the best tips for international flights from seasoned travelers to help you make the most of your trip. The longer the flight, the more these tips will help you remain comfortable. No matter where you’re headed, keep yourself organized and with your health in mind so you arrive ready to go when you reach your destination.
- Upgrade – International flights can be long. Very long. Ask about using your miles or traveling during a quiet time. Many travel experts tout this as their #1 tip.
- Gear up – Consider purchasing some travel survival tools. Maybe you skip the neck pillow with your domestic flights, but these accessories are indispensable when it comes to international.
- Hydrate – It sounds simple, but dehydration is common inside airplanes where the climate-controlled environment can be drier than a desert. Pack fruit or drink beverages with electrolytes to stay hydrated. And while you might be in celebratory mode, skip the alcohol and caffeine. You’ll feel better if you do.
- Stretch – Most people know it’s a good idea to get up and stretch their legs when possible in flight. But did you know you can also stretch while sitting? Try these moves to keep from getting cramped.
- Sleep – Changing time zones can leave your body confused and jet lag can hinder your good mood while traveling. Prepare to sleep as much as possible. Also, set your watch to your destination time and use the world clock option on your smartphone.
Ready to Book International Flights?
Whether you’re a first time flier or seasoned jet-setter, these travel tips can keep you comfortable and healthy. Make sure your travel agent knows what your priorities are in terms of how and when you want to travel. They will customize your trip for you, seeking out the best options to meet your needs. Contact us today to book your upcoming international flight.